Tuesday, November 21, 2017

Future of HIE is bright

The Wisconsin HIE (WISHIN) held a summit last week. I signed up, but was unable to make it due to schedule conflicts. Their slide decks are now available and I am very sad I missed it.  The following diagram clearly shows Wisconsin leadership


This is such an exciting perspective of what the Wisconsin HIE delivers today, and where they are targeting for future support.

The other slide decks further elaborate on this plan. It is driven by delivering Value, not just Volume.  They had a segment that focused on Care Coordination as a driver of these changes.

They also have a comparison of nationwide HIEs, that is hard to disagree with the slide deck as there is so little detail present. There does seem to be a decidedly Wisconsin bent to the comparison. Focused on CareEverywhere (Epic solution), and on viewing WISHIN themselves as a solution. This is all expected, but not very helpful for use of the evaluation elsewhere.

I also found interesting the statistics slides. I don't have much to compare them to, so don't know if this is good, bad, or indifferent. It seems to me that the statistics show a really strong and healthy HIE. Widely implemented, with really good engagement.  But, then again I am a proud Wisconsinite. Also, I must note that I was on the Technical Advisory Committee in the early years. I think I am still listed, but have not heard about any meetings of that committee in a long time.

Note they are not ignorant of FHIR, I suspect it is going to be engaged in some of these future capabilities. I suspect it is more likely to be engaged in capabilities beyond this future.

No comments:

Post a Comment