Wednesday, March 20, 2013

IHE Security and Privacy in an HIE/RHIO

I was asked to present at an event in Treviso Italy on IHE Security and Privacy as applied to IHE based HIE/RHIO. The room had about 100 participants from the area healthcare organizations. The presentation started with a long presentation by the organizers of Italy Regional Health Information Organization, all done in fast Italian. I had no idea what they were saying as the only words I could recognize was food words, likely they were talking cities but when it is the only word you recognize it sounds like they are talking about food.

In the 30 minutes I had I covered
  • Overall Security and Privacy controls
  • Audit Trails and Node Authentication (ATNA)
  • Cross-Enterprise User Assertion (XUA)
  • Basic Patient Privacy Consents (BPPC)
  • Controlling Access

It is a subset of the larger webinars that I have committed to my bloginar. 

Security/Privacy Bloginar: IHE - Privacy and Security Profiles - Introduction


No comments:

Post a Comment